Most of the people living in the UK prefer to travel by bus. Even though public transport has seen a lot of enhancement in regards to facilities and safety they provide, we still see a significant amount of minor and major accidents occurring very frequently. If you or someone you know becomes a victim of a bus accident that happened due to the negligence of the driver or someone else, you may have the right to make a claim and get monetary compensation for the losses incurred.
When To Claim For Bus Accidents
The public transport system in the UK has been following great levels of health and safety standards. The law states that all bus and coach companies have a duty of care towards all the passengers commuting with them and this also includes the pedestrians passing by on the roads. If they are unable to fulfill this duty of care, these companies will have to pay compensation to the one who suffered damages. The state has also outlined a plethora of measures to ensure that everyone traveling through buses remains safe, which is why the number of mishaps has significantly reduced, but they are still happening.
The legal system has provided facilities for those who experience injuries in accidents involving bus accidents in the UK.
Additionally, it must also be taken into account that the law does not restrict these provisions only to those individuals who are utilizing the services of these buses or coaches when the accident occurs. If you are making a bus accident compensation claim, it is not necessary to be inside the bus. There is a rich profusion of instances where bus accident claims include:
- A bus hits or you while you were at the bus shelter
- The bus coming in contact with another vehicle that you were driving and you were not at fault
- You sustain injuries because you had your head bumped against the seat in front of any other object because of the driver’s rash driving
- You sustain injuries while getting on or off the bus because the driver was reckless and they didn’t wait for the door of the bus to properly shut and passengers to be seated.
- The bus you’re riding in collides with another vehicle
Whatever be the case, if your injuries are a direct result of someone else’s fault, you are most probably eligible to obtain the compensation claim.
Making claims for compensation for bus injuries may look very simple and straightforward. However, unfortunately, it isn’t this smooth in fact. You can ask people who have experienced a similar procedure to know how bus accident claims are fraught with complications. This is because there is a multitude of factors that have their impact on the case. Moreover, it is never easy to prove the other party at fault. For example, if you suffered a head injury because your head bumped into some object, this cannot be made a claim against the bus company, because this can happen due to bad road conditions as well. There are also instances where you might suffer whiplash when the bus collides or crashes somewhere because the bus driver tried their level best to save a pedestrian who wrongly stepped on the road.
Making A Claim For Bus Accidents
If you were ever a part of a bus accident, regardless of what happened and who was behind it, you need to put strength in your case, and in order to do so, you will need concrete shreds of evidence. This is the only way to ensure that you will receive compensation at the end of the case. The pieces of evidence you can bring include:
- The route on which the bus was on, the registration plate, date/time of the incident, and bus driver’s details
- Get in touch with the police
- Make sure to record all the events as early as possible so that nothing is forgotten later on.
- Get contact details of people who were present to formulate a strong witness statement
- Take as many photos as you can of the entire scene and of the injuries you picked
The rule is simple; the more details and evidence you gather, the better your chances of winning the case. Moreover, it must also be noted that car accident claims in Glasgow can be very complicated and therefore you need to rely on an expert in the field. Get in touch with Wallace Legal to get your issues taken care of by experienced professionals.