CCNA Certification (CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate) is the most primary certification in the whole Cisco Certification System. It is also a necessary condition for CCNP Certification, CCDP Certification and CCSP Certification (CCIP Certification and CCIE Certification are not mandatory), Moreover, many Cisco Qualified Specialists also require candidates to get CCNA Certification first.
1. CCNA Certification Training
CCNA Certification belongs to the entry certification of Cisco After-sales Engineer Certification System. Through CCNA, you can prove that you have mastered the basic knowledge of network, and can initially install, configure and operate Cisco Routers, Switches and Simple LAN and WAN. CCNA Certification means that the certified personnel have the basic technology and relevant knowledge of networking for the small office / court office (SOHO) market. CCNA Certified Professionals can install, configure and run LAN, Wan and Dial-up Access Services in small networks (100 or less nodes). The protocols they can use include (but are not limited to) IP, IGRP, IPX, Serial, Apple, Talk, Frame, Relay, IP RIP, VLAN RIP, Ethernet and Access Lists.
2. Training Skills
Installing, configuring and operating simple Routing LAN and Routing Wan, and defining the content of “simple” network, such as IP, IGRP, IPX, Serial, Apple, Talk, Frame, Relay, IP RIP, VLAN RIP, Ethernet and Access Lists, etc.
3. CCNA Is Able to Provide Solutions Based on Training and Real World Experience:
- Installingand / or configuringa network.
- Filtering by accessing directory.
- With the characteristics of Bandwidth-on-Demand (BOD) and Dial-on-Demand Routing (DDR), it is an Internet Access Solution to reduce bandwidth and WAN cost and optimize Wan.
- Providingremote access by integrating dial-up connections and traditional remote LAN to LAN access, as well as the highest level of performance required to support new applications such as Internet e-commerce and multimedia.
4. Prerequisites for CCNA Certification
There is no need for candidates to hold any certificate to apply for CCNA. At the same time, there are no rigid regulations on candidates’ age, educational background and foreign language level, but two valid certificates are required, such as ID card and credit card, driver’s license, student’s card, passport, etc.
5. Examination of CCNA Certification
Brief Introduction of the New Version of CCNA
Exam Number: 200-301
Test Time: 90 minutes
Amount of Cisco Exam Questions: 50-60
Passing Score: 825
Test Questions: Simulation Questions; A few Connection Questions; Multiple Choice Questions and single Choice Questions.
The New Version of the Certification Includes:
WAN Connection; Network Security Implementation, Network Type, Network Media, The Principle of Routing and Switching, TCP / IP, OSI Reference Model and other basic knowledge of the old CCNA Network. In addition, the basic knowledge of WLAN is added.
The Main Test Points of the New Version of CCNA 200-301 Are as Follows:
- Describinghow the network works.
- Configuring, inspectingand repairingVLAN and Switch in Switching Communication Environment.
- Implementation of IP services and IP address planning in line with the needs of medium-sized enterprise office network.
- Configuring, verifyingand maintainingbasic router operations.
- Understanding WLAN and choosing suitable WLAN management.
- Identifyingnetwork security threats and describinggeneral methods to mitigate them.
- Implementing, testingand maintainingNAT and ACLS in office network of small and medium enterprises.
- Implementingand verifyingWAN Connection.
Introduction to the key points of the new version of CCNA Examination and Certification for the newly added wireless basic knowledge part:
Explaining and selecting the appropriate manageable Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) tasks.
- Describingwireless related standards (including IEEE, WiFi, ITU / FCC).
- Identifyingand describingthe use of small infinite network structure (including SSID, BSS, ESS).
- Determiningthe basic configuration of the Wireless Network Device to ensure that it is connected to the correct intervention point.
- Comparingthe characteristics and performance of different Wireless Security Protocols (including: OPEN, WPA, WEP-1 / 2)
- Understandingthe common problems in the implementation of WLAN (including interface and configuration errors).
6. Validity of CCNA Certification
The validity period of CCNA Certificate is three years. If you want to continue to be valid, you need to take the re-certification examination before the expiration. If you have obtained a higher level of Cisco Certification in three years, the validity period of CCNA Certification will be automatically updated.
7. Re–certification Examination of CCNA
After the expiration of the validity period, you must take the examination of new CCNA, or take any examination of CCNP, CCIP, CCSP, or take any examination of prefix in Cisco Qualified Specialist.
CCNA Training Objectives
- After completing this course, students will achieve the following goals:
- Use the available configuration tools to complete the Device Initialization Configuration.
- According to the new requirements, new functions can be realized by adding, deleting and modifying.
- Use the Command Line Interface to determine the network performance and status.
- According to the given requirements, realize the Access Layer Switch Configuration.
- Use the Command Line to configure VLAN, VTP, IEEEE802.1Q and ISL.
- Describe the function and operation of Static and Dynamic Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP).
- Use SHOW and DEBVG Commands to determine the exception of Routing Protocol.
- Be able to configure Standard and Extended Access Lists.
- Use Command Line Interface to configure Serial Interface (PPP, HDLC).