“Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo, and it needs to be faced and dealt with.” Adam Ant
Mental health awareness is fundamental for a vigorous and healthy life. Though every day is the best day to talk about mental health May is a particular month to talk about the significance of mental health for a prosperous life. According to World Health Organization (WHO), depression is one of the acute diseases, and its burden is expected to increase significantly till 2030. Similarly, a survey study conducted by Cigana also confirmed that loneliness is the key mental health issue in the U.S and all over the world. 2 in 5 felt like loneliness and lack of strong companionship. Sadly, adults are more isolated and lonely than older adults, and this percentage is continuously accelerating.
Interestingly, massage plays a vital role in boosting your mental health. So, if you are interested in holistic approaches to healing, you should know that massage reduces stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, and sadness. Nevertheless, choosing a renowned spa-like Orchard Body Massage to get the perfect and desired massage is necessary.
According to an expert and specialized massage therapist, Curtis Lisa, the power of touch has a remarkable effect on your mind and body. Relaxing Reflex points of the body significantly stimulate the production of dopamine and serotonin in the body. Resultantly, your body feels relaxed and contented.
Similarly, massage is an ideal way to balance hormones and to feel satisfied and relax-free.
Massage Therapy Alleviates Stress
Stress is quite prevalent these days, and it is one of the common issues that impact a tranquil life negatively. Massage therapy is an ideal approach to feel physically and mentally relaxed. Indeed, the selection of experienced massage therapists can make this experience worth remembering for you, as most of the research studies also confirm it.
Here are some key findings of research studies;
- A research study on trigger point therapy indicates that it significantly controls irregular heartbeat, systolic, and diastolic blood pressure.
- A 10 to 15 minutes chair massage can control your oxygen level, cortisol level, and blood pressure. They all were held and manageable after a chair massage of approximately 15 minutes.
- Usually, a hectic routine and non-stop working hours can cause chronic headaches, body pain, stress, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, and muscle pain. But don’t worry; an effective massage can resolve everything for you perfectly.
Massage Therapy to Treat Anxiety
According to the research study by the National Institute of Mental Health, more than 40 million American adults have a severe anxiety disorder. No denial; anxiety affects your living standard negatively and makes it challenging for you to live happily. Massage therapy is a fantastic way to elevate neurotransmitters associated with decreasing anxiety and reducing hormones that are interlinked with increasing anxiety.
Here are some relevant studies about how massage therapies treat anxiety.
- As per recent research findings, massage is an ideal way to treat anxiety and panic disorders. Also, it is advantageous to treat chronic pain and illness among adults and older people.
- Published research in Applied Nursing Research shows that giving back massage to chemotherapy patients reduces stress, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Worry, depression, and anxiety are pretty standard these days. A chaotic and hectic life has made it challenging for people to manage time for their mental health. However, getting a massage more often gives you healthy vibes and makes you feel relaxed.
Massage Therapy to Treat Depression
If you are a depressed person and want to get rid of it, you should see a professional massage therapist. He can better examine your condition and determines the most suitable massage according to your needs.
Indeed, medications are helpful to treat anxiety and depression. But, it is always suggested to opt for combined treatment, i.e., medication and meditation. Massage along with the prescribed medicines always yields positive and evident outcomes.
You should better know about the research studies that confirm the importance of massage therapy.
- People with chronic pain and pregnant women should get a massage frequently to reduce pain and boost their mood.
- One out of five Americans feels sluggish and tired, As Seasonal Affective Disorder makes them think this way. But a better massage elevates mood and improves your sleeping schedule as well.
Treat Yourself in a Nurturing Environment
Remember, everyone deserves a healthy and vibrant lifestyle. So, you should think about having a vivacious lifestyle. For this, we recommend you get the best massage from a well-reputed spa-like Orchard Body Massage.
Only experts and skilled massage therapists can better analyze your problem and choose the ideal and best massage for it.