It’s critical for your refrigerator to stay exactly chilled no matter what the weather is outside because it’s constantly at work keeping your food cold and safe to eat. However, it is critical that you maintain your refrigerator properly in order to keep it working efficiently.
This will not only keep your food fresh, but it will also save you money on your electricity bills and save you from having to pay for unforeseen repairs.
Check The Temperature
The ideal temperature for a refrigerator is between 33 to 40°F and 0°F for the freezer. If you think setting the refrigerator to the coldest setting can make your food last longer, you are wrong! Keeping the temperature higher than 40°F is a bad idea because it can leave your food spoilt.
The higher the temperature, the longer the compressor runs. This can not only add on to your electricity bill but can also reduce the lifespan of the compressor.
Avoid Placing The Refrigerator Too Close To The Wall
Whether your fridge is placed in the kitchen or the dining space, ensure that the fridge is placed an inch away from the wall, so that air can circulate behind it.
This helps disperse the heat that your fridge creates and keeps it running efficiently. Having too little space can greatly impact on the performance and life of your fridge.
Things To Consider When Buying A Refrigerator
When buying a refrigerator, there are a number of things that you can skip, but there are also some features that you most certainly want.
- There are some characteristics that you can overlook when purchasing a refrigerator, but there are others that you must have:
- The ability to adjust the shelves is a major plus. This means that simply modifying the position of the shelves, you may expand the space within to accommodate larger containers.
- Look for shelves that are spill-proof so that if you spill something on them, it doesn’t pour all over the fridge.
- More and larger containers can be stored with the help of deep door pockets and shelves.
Over time, a high energy rating will help you save power and, as a result, money.
- Choose the best stabilizer for the refrigerator if the power situation in your area is not very stable. Most fridges today come with in-built surge protection, but they might also cost more. If you don’t want to spend extra on that, a stabiliser will be a huge help.