Online transaction is the easiest as you do not have to step out of your home and you can do everything in just a few clicks. There are so many payment apps these days through which you can transfer huge amounts of funds in even less than 2 minutes. However, the easily done online transactions also come with a lot of risks. Every year, many people fall victim to scams. As a matter of fact, the scams are increasing by the year.
One of the most common scams that we hear of these days is Phishing. Fraudsters try to pose as registered companies or genuine individuals and very smartly steal the banking and financial information from the users. Phishing is mostly done through emails that come with attachments or links. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to a website where you will be asked to enter your UPI code or maybe even bank details. You must know that by clicking on such links or downloading such attachments, you may even get a virus or malware in your system.
Many times we fall victim to scams. Well, to avoid such circumstances, here are some of the things that you can do.
- Keep the devices up-to-date: If you have the latest security software, operating system, or web browser, you can keep your device away from online threats. Therefore, ensure that you turn on the automatic updates so that you can receive the latest fixes once they are available.
- The password setup has to be strong: The stronger your password is, the more difficult it is for the hackers to hack your device or account. There should be at least 8 characters with a mix of upper and lowercase letters, special characters, and numbers.
- Watch out for phishing scams: In phishing scams, emails with some links are used. Once you click on the links, you will be taken to websites where you would be asked to put login information, and all the sensitive bank details will be stolen. You need to be very sure that you do not open any such emails that may look a little different to you.
- Do not share credentials or any other your bank-related information: No matter how much pressure one puts on you, at no point you should share your credentials or any information that is related to your bank details.
- The internet connection must be secured: Once you take an internet connection, you must protect the wireless network with strong encryption. Also make sure that you never share that password with anyone, comes what may. When you are using a public Wi-Fi network, you need to be very sure about the kind of information you are sharing or use a VPN to connect.
If you are looking for a reliable payment app that you can use for transferring funds, you can use the Airtel Thanks App. You can use the Safe Pay feature available in this App through which you can transfer the money securely with added verification. The App is also user-friendly; therefore, you can use it without any inconvenience.